Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh Internet

I don't really know who's reading my blog regularly and if any of them are my real-life friends or just browsers of the internet, but if you're my Facebook friend, you've likely noticed my hiatus. This post is not directly related to that, but I thought I'd mention it.

I don't really believe in complaining about something like social media websites that you can just delete or quit at any moment, but one thing that really does bother me is the "people you may know" section. Normally, I just ignore it. If I want to add someone, I look for them, and if someone wants to find me, they search me and send me a request. I don't really ever remember adding someone from that section.

The real point, however, is that there was someone in the "people you may know" section who I really would be okay with never hearing about or seeing for the rest of my life. I never realized how triggering it could be to see someone so vile and evil (hey, look at that! the same 4 letters rearranged!), not only suggested to be added to my friends list, but also to see the fact that we have 14 friends in common...

No thank you. I would not like to be friends with that person, but thanks for ruining my day, Facebook! Lots of love to you, too! HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment